Monday, April 7, 2008

unfulfilled.

to look in your eyes is to see your soul
when i look into yours, i see stars
they come shining through,
out through your smile
and theyre smiling at me
i am sure

yet, i cant help but feel a bit unfulfilled
whenever your looking my way
because you dont see me that same way
no, you dont see me that same way
do you even see me at all?

we fit together
our hands, our lips, and our hearts
but,
thats just me again
my wishful thinking,
throwing me into the wishing well
im drowing in pennies
cant you see?

im building myself up for failure
i know that youll never fully see my that way
not again
not like before
i messed it up and youve moved on
so youll only ever meet me half-way

and were sober
to it all
were sober to our falls
we are blind
your blind to how it could be
and im blind to how it is

and so...

No comments: